Thursday 21 June 2012

A Patrick patchwork

This is my first attempt at a proper patchwork quilt - albeit one done on the machine, not by hand. I finished it in May - but little Joshua, the baby in question, took his time in making an appearance. But now he's here - welcome to the world Josh and congratulations Patrick and Michelle.
Baby Josh having a rest with a bear



And here's my quilt. The squares are from all over - ebay, leftover pieces, Our Patterned Hand, The Cotton Patch, Fabric Rehab and Beyond Fabrics.

I machine sewed the squares into rows, and the rows into a larger square, ironing flat all the seams.

I layered it with wadding from The Cotton Patch and sandwiched it with the larger piece of Noah's Ark green.

I 'stitched in the ditch' to join all the pieces along the same seams as the patchwork (where possible) and then sewed all around the outside and added the yellow binding.

I've had a few people asking about these - so if you want to commission one, drop me an email at patchworkpea@gmail.com.


Noah's animals on the back



Binding - the hardest part.

Spot the hungry caterpillar!




No comments:

Post a Comment