Saturday 1 February 2014

Wire wrapped earrings made with a jig.

It's been a while since I updated Patchwork Pea. In my defence I have been busy leaving my old job, travelling to America, starting a college course, going freelance (my new website clarerosefoster.co.uk is here) and finding new part time work.

But I've still had time to make a few bits and bobs. For my 30th birthday I received London Jewellery Supplies vouchers from one friend and a whole starter jewellery making kit from another.






It was a good opportunity to make use of my box of old necklaces as well - I dismantled them and started collecting the beads and findings.

I bought a beginners jig and started trying to twist some wire.









Jigs are fantastic pieces of kit. You place the pegs wherever you want to make a pattern and then twist your wire around them.

Here are some of my first experiments:










The silver one with the pink beads has a wire wrapped bead on the end. I wanted to use this shape and technique to make some earrings as Christmas presents for a friend having a Christmas party. Here they are in process:
















And here are the finished earrings, in a little presentation box with some cotton wool:


No comments:

Post a Comment